Back and settling into life in Spore. The first week back was horrible, all I could do was going back in time & reminiscing about that particular day few weeks back etc. Totally missed India - vellore, CMC, T.Nagar, Blore, the food, the bliss of a holiday, being pampered 24 hrs by aunts & uncles..sigh.
But, catching up with friends (i.e. pouring out my memories of electives & holidays) helped loads. Seeing the entire class after 3 months for the SIP briefing also helped - kinda like a welcome back to reality. And then SIP started. Amazing how once you are so busy that you leave the house at 6, come back at 8 (pm mind you), eat, sleep and off the next day PLUS do calls every 4th day - all kinds of memories, desires, complaints and even the ability to really think just fade away. When sunday finally came (after a saturday magically gone sleeping post-call) I felt like I had been in a different world all week..just getting back on msn/emails etc. and enjoying my sofa and chair after a long long week took up the day. So much for any studying.
So far, SIP has been busy but fun. I love the busy-ness actually, having work to do all the time and having my own patients to diligently follow through. And oh-my, am I taking bloods! On a spree, sometimes feel like I am an offically-sanctioned blood-sucker. Good thing is, my success rates and confidence is getting higher by the day :) After a week gone, it does feel like I ve learnt pretty much most of the stuff a HO does..wonder what else can excite me in the remaining 3 weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Glad you had a great trip, and are enjoying SIP! :)
Esther
Post a Comment