Thursday, May 1, 2008

for the pleasure of reading

Have just finished 'The Lost Boy' by Dave Pelzer. Was turning out to be just a good read initially but by the end of the novel, I was all teary..was definitely a reaching insight into the world of foster children. Especially loved the way the author showed an absolute lack of emotion - only higlighted the plight of the child even more. Very good find indeed at the Barras for 25 pence.

The Joy Luck Club - another treasure left behind in our room - looks promising. I ve completed my 1st read, and the impression is that of a beautiful tale subtly illustrating the quirks of mother-daughter relationships & the process of maturing/growing up. Am waiting for a second read to fully appreciate the underlying messages.

Happy to be adding onto my collection of books - cant wait to have my own library-in-the-study in future, continue to be able to pick up a book when I am feeling up or down, read it, experience the unique emotions each one brings and just enjoy it.

No comments: